Evolution Energy Minerals is committed to meeting high Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) standards as it develops the Chilalo Graphite Project in Tanzania.
Evolution recognises that sustainable success in resource development requires that its activities are conducted in a manner that respects the environment, local communities, the sovereignty of Tanzania generally (as the owner of its natural resources) and processes of good governance.
The Company has attracted ARCH Sustainable Resources Fund LP as a cornerstone substantial shareholder.
ARCH is a specialist emerging markets investment fund with deep experience in emerging markets, private equity, asset management and legal and governance matters. A central element of ARCH’s investment philosophy is its focus on ESG principles. ARCH also has significant project finance expertise and its associated funds have co-invested alongside several development finance institutions in Africa.
Under the terms of the Investment Deed, Evolution has agreed to a course of action to advance its ESG credentials and embed its ESG commitments in its corporate governance structures. The Company recognises the increasing importance being attributed by investors to ESG performance as a driver for attracting investment funds.
The Directors have prioritised ESG performance as a key feature of Evolution’s strategy and approach to its operations.
ARCH’s significant investment not only underpins the Company’s commitment to ESG standards, but also provides the Company with critical insight into the expectations of ESG fund managers with respect to ESG standards. Together with its prioritisation of ESG performance, this will enable Evolution to be positioned as an attractive investment proposition for a wide range of ESG-focused fund managers.
Graphite has been designated a strategic critical mineral by USA, EU and Japan
- Pursuit of carbon neutrality for operations
- Committed to ISO 14001 (Environmental Management)
- ESIA compliant with IFC Performance Standards and Equator Principles
- Supporting the green energy transition and e-mobility
- Significant social investment during feasibility study phases
- Local job creation – Chilalo to generate 230 direct jobs for potential multi-decade mine life
- Developing an ethical and sustainable supply chain
- EV1’s Tanzanian team awarded 5 Presidential awards for excellence in CSR
- ASX listed – committed to good governance principles ensuring accountability, transparency and regular reporting to shareholders
- Full product transparency and traceability including adherence to ISO: 8001 (Quality)
- Strong business ethics and codes of conduct
Our Environmental Advantage
Chilalo +99% through flotation – the future for purification?
Chilalo graphite could become the ‘greenest’ source of graphite to ESG-focused customers
Unique graphite signature capable of producing +99% LOI through flotation
Removes harmful chemicals and intense energy required for purification